re: TR6 Shock Conversion

To: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: re: TR6 Shock Conversion
From: Stuart Steele <ssteele@switchsolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 11:26:21 -0500
Don Guthrie <Don.Guthrie@netlink.co.nz> wrote:

>Does anyone have anything
>GOOD to say about this type of conversion or is it ALL bad? There must be a
>few TR6s out there that have been running this setup for a while.

I have had tube shocks on my 1969 TR6 for 10 years now, without a single
problem.  I don't know whether they are any better than good lever
shocks, but they are substantially better than the worn-out lever shocks
that they replaced.  The do lack a rebound stop, as was pointed out in a
extension failure, and are still about as stiff as when they were new.