TR3/4 Gearbox Change

To: list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR3/4 Gearbox Change
From: neil gallagher <103171.565@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 13 Aug 97 00:53:29 EDT
I've recently acquired a TR4 OD transmisison, which I'm intending to install in
my TR3A. I've measured three times, and each time find that the distance from
the rear mounting bolt holes to the front face of the bell housing in 1/2 inch
longer on the TR4 tranny than on the TR3.  Can anyone verify this, and, if I'm
correct, tell me the best way to install the TR4 gearbox? I hesitate to just
shove the engine forward, as it would seem to stretch the engine mounts.

Neil Gallagher
'60 TR3A   Comm 78114L