Re[2]: Daytona Exhaust -

To: bschwartz@encad.com (Return requested), mlibhart@feist.com (Return requested)
Subject: Re[2]: Daytona Exhaust -
From: Peter Mchugh <Peter.Mchugh@faa.dot.gov>
Date: 13 Aug 1997 13:05:25 -0400
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net (Return requested)
Conversion: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
X400-content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
X400-mts-identifier: [/c=US/admd=ATTMAIL/prmd=gov+dot/; 062E433F1E955047-MTAdot1]
X400-originator: Peter.Mchugh@faa.dot.gov
X400-received: by mta MTAdot1 in /c=US/admd=ATTMAIL/prmd=gov+dot/; converted ( IA5-Text); Relayed; 13 Aug 1997 13:05:25 -0400
X400-received: by /c=US/admd=ATTMAIL/prmd=gov+dot/; converted ( IA5-Text); Relayed; 13 Aug 1997 13:05:25 -0400
X400-recipients: non-disclosure; <062E433F1E955047*/c=US/admd=ATTmail/prmd=gov+dot/o=faa/s=Mchugh/g=Peter/@MHS>

     You all are making fun of aircraft engines in cars....and yet,
     Chrysler designed the Airflow just to accomodate an aircraft radial
     engine...the car was to be rear engined, air cooled...but they had
     problems keeping the front wheels on the ground...which led to other
     difficulties....which lead to the cars getting more traditional power
     plants.

     Now you might ask how this has anything to do with lbc's????

     Had it not been for Chrysler Airflows, and a coupe in particular, I
     would not have had a chance to buy my TR 1800 Roadster, which was
     displaced from its home by 4 or 5 of the aforementioned Airflows....

     So lets not be too quick to laugh at airplane power in cars!

     PMcQ