Re: Synthetic Oil Summary

To: Jeff Foster <jfoster@bdcast.com>
Subject: Re: Synthetic Oil Summary
From: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@feist.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 16:31:19 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Jeff Foster wrote:

> OK, so now the question raised is ... if using synthetic oil, how far/long
> do you go between oil changes?  I've heard people claim that since it's
> synthetic it doesn't break down as quick (or at all?) that the higher price
> paid for it can be offset by running it much longer.

Just one word of caution related to this thread...as you debate oil
change intervals for synthetics, just remember how often our lbc's
experience problems related to overly-rich carb mixture.  Regardless of
how long it's been since you changed oil, when your oil starts smelling
more like gasoline than oil - I'd change it!

Martin Libhart
1972 TR6 (driver)
1970 Spitfire (under the knife)