Synthetic Oil Summary

To: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Synthetic Oil Summary
From: Ralph Jannelli <rjannelli@uncc.campus.mci.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 08:47:34 -0400
Thanks to all for the responses to my question on synthetic oil. The
overwhelming consensus is it is OK to use synthetic oil in a motor of any age
or condition, except a newly rebuilt motor. The newly rebuilt motor should be
"run -in" until the rings seat on dino juice. Then switched to synthetic.
I did buy some Mobile 1 10W30 the other day and after John Lye's comment on
Mobile 1 being only partially synthetic I reread the label. At least on the
10W30, which I believe is a new weight for Mobile 1, the label states it is
fully synthetic.

Ralph Jannelli
Charlotte NC
'72 Spitfire MKIV