Re: Degree a CAM/Timing an Engine - Help!

To: Mike Brinker <mbrinker@flash.net>
Subject: Re: Degree a CAM/Timing an Engine - Help!
From: Aaron Johnson <sugar@holly.ColoState.EDU>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 21:59:52 -0600 (MDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
To degree in the camshaft is easier than it sounds.  you need two
instruments,  a degree wheel (and something to use as a pointer) and a Dial
indicator (magnetic base preferable.)  From there you find tdc with the
dial indicator, set the degree wheel to 0 degrees (pointer to zero).  Then
find where the number one lobe on the camshaft is fully open.  Then rotate
the crank the appropriate degrees (i'm not sure what that is for a stock
cam).  Hope that helps

Aaron