Re: results of judges at car show

To: Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com
Subject: Re: results of judges at car show
From: vitesse@juno.com (Hugh R McAleer)
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 10:51:46 EDT
Cc: lscharff@iwl.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, vtr.autox.team.net%PWMS1@email.mot.com
Not that I have a car worth judging, but George Rabey and I have
discussed this at length after the '92 VTR national in Savannah. I
suggested that it wasn't fair to not let the participant know why he
didn't score better by not revealing the score sheet.

A buddy of mine that has a GTO show car ( $20,000 restoration ) took it
to the nationals a few months ago and scored a bronze instead of a gold
because of some small things that were not correct on the car.  Things
such as incorrect spark plug wires, incorrect plating on the bolt heads
under the hood, etc. The judging staff sent him the judging sheet after
the show so that he can improve his car if he so desires.

How can one improve his car, bring it up a few judging points, if they
don't know what the judges took off for.  Dang!  If it's going to turn
into a fistfight ( did that really happen in '88?)  do away with the
concours, let the trophy hounds go elsewhere!

Just my .02 worth, that since I don't participate in any judging probably
makes it worth .01!

Hugh R. McAleer
Jonesboro, GA
'68 TR 250,