[no subject]

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
From: Jim Bedient <wh6ef@pixi.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 1997 08:47:27 -1000
>    Is it just me or can these cars get _really_ hateful at times?  Anyway,
>onto the problem, recently, our 71 TR6 has had alot of trouble going into the
>gears.  It is nigh impossible to put it in reverse while the engine is
>running, and when driving, shifting into other gears is always easy.  We
>recently (two days ago) replaced the slave clutch cylinder, pushrod, and
>nylon hose going to it, but to no avai;. As we have a car show coming up next
>weekend, we would love to have it on the road by then.  Oh By the way, we DID
>remember to bleed the system, but that hasn't worked either, Thanks in
>advance,
>Danny Burket  1979 Triumph TR7 Fixed Head Coupe E-Mail: DuperSude@AOL.com

I'll be listening eagerly... My 1970 TR-6 that I bought two weeks ago has
developed a much milder case of the same symptoms... I'll be checking things
over and bleeding the system today.  I also have "judder" as Haynes calls
it, in reverse and first.  Haynes says "properly adjust the clutch pedal" or
something like that, but I can't find what that procedure entails....

Triumphantly yours,

Jim Bedient
Honolulu, Hawaii