Re: 1500 Gearbox -- From Jim Gambony

Subject: Re: 1500 Gearbox -- From Jim Gambony
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 20:07:32 -0400
Susan Hensley wrote:
> As the owner of several Spitfire 1500s and a '76 midget parts car
> (bought
> for the drive train to put in my Spit, they're the same!) I can safely
> state
> that the transmission used in the rubber bumper Midget (75 on) and the
> Spitfire (post 74) are one and the same.

  This goes against any reference materials that I have. They
all say the Midget 1500 is the Morris unit.

  It also spawns a problem, just what exactly is IN those
99 pound kits to convert a Midget 1500 to take a spitfire
tranny?

  The kit was reviewed by MG enthusiast and they went into
depth about cutting, welding, and fabricating the members
to make it all fit in the car.

  I don't really see how it could be the same, although I have
never compared them. Just going on readings.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada