RE: RAttling in front of engine

To: "'Jack I. Brooks'" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Subject: RE: RAttling in front of engine
From: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 07:35:23 -0500
Cc: "'Triumphs@autox.team.net'" <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
I suspected this as well, Jack. I placed a long screwdriver behind the
pulley flange while was running (not good) and it didnt exactly go away.
I did detect a little bit end play. I was unable to come to a
conclusion.

I get the rattle at all speeds, except that it disappears as you go
through about 3000 rpm.

I appreciate your response and think I should take another look at this.
I will remove the belt completely and run it for a short time. This
should tell the tale.

Your remarks on the pulleys will be useful to the list, too.

Thanks and best regards. See you in 99.

Joe Alexander