Paint for wheel wells?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Paint for wheel wells?
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 08:32:57 -0700
The sheet metal repairs are just about complete on my TR6 body shell.  Soon
I will be painting it.  Here's where I have to make a decision.  When the
shell was bead blasted, some of the undercoating in the wheel wells was
removed.  It wouldn't take much effort to remove the remaining bits.

The question I have for all of you is has anyone chosen to paint the wheel
wells versus reapply undercoat?  If so, what type of paint did you use?
Was it chip resistant?

I'm really sitting on the fence over whether to paint or reapply overcoat,
so for anyone with experience in the situation, I sure would like to hear
from you.

Thank you very much.

Dave
San Diego, Ca