Re: 3 TR4 questions...

To: ArthurK101@aol.com
Subject: Re: 3 TR4 questions...
From: "John L. Walker" <up497@freenet.victoria.bc.ca>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 15:28:04 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Sun, 24 Aug 1997 ArthurK101@aol.com wrote:

> I'm not sure about the TR250/5 having "orange(ish)" lights but I know that
> early TR4's had a circular pattern and later TR4's had a vertical one inside
> the glass.  The Lucas numbers were 669 for the circular and 779 for the
> vertical.  I think the 250/5 were the vertical.

Yes, my car has concentric circles on both sides.  I surmise that the
right-hand one is orange because it's not a true Lucas light.  There
aren't any numbers on it at all (and it is held on with wood screws :-( )

-Malcolm
'62 TR4, Roofless on the Wet Coast (and miserable...)

    Too many rocks and not enough sand.