Re: 3 TR4 questions...

To: rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu, up497@freenet.victoria.bc.ca, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 3 TR4 questions...
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 16:18:42 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-08-25 07:16:51 EDT, rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu (R
John Lye) writes:

> On Aug 24,  6:19pm, ArthurK101@aol.com wrote:
>  > I'm not sure about the TR250/5 having "orange(ish)" lights
>
>  I thought that the TR-250 (and presumably the TR-5's) got the
>  amber turn signal lens with the rest of the lens still being red.
>
>  John Lye
>
>  rjl6n@virginia.EDU
>  http://avery.med.virginia.edu/~rjl6n/homepage.htm

Could be.  But his original question said the whole lens was orange(ish)".
 In a subsequent E-mail he confirms that.

  Any TR250 folks around to answer what their tail light lenses were
originally?  I suspect that the lenses had vertical lines like the late TR4
and TR4A.  As to whether they were all red (or red with amber for the turn
signal portion), I don't know.  Of course, the North American cars were
probably configured a little differently than the UK or European ones.  (AND
remember that no TR5's were imported at the time they were being built.)

Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT 33118L (original owner)