Re: 3 TR4 questions...

To: up497@freenet.victoria.bc.ca, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 3 TR4 questions...
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 18:16:40 -0400 (EDT)

> Is there a difference between the TR4 tail light and the TR5/TR250?  My
>  car seems to have red lamps on the left and an orange(ish) one on the
>  right-- for the turn signal only.  It wouldn't surprise me, but I'd like
>  to know :-)

I'm not sure about the TR250/5 having "orange(ish)" lights but I know that
early TR4's had a circular pattern and later TR4's had a vertical one inside
the glass.  The Lucas numbers were 669 for the circular and 779 for the
vertical.  I think the 250/5 were the vertical.

Art Kelly
VTR TR4 vehicle consultant