TR6 occasional miss

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 occasional miss
From: Joe Flake <flake@a3115jmf.atl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 13:22:52 -0500 (EDT)
Where would suggest I begin in tracking down an occasional
miss my '72 TR6 seems to have.

I notice it about once on each outing.  Always at steady
cruise speed (yesterday at about 70 mph on the interstate)
and never for more than a fraction of a second or so.  Always
seems to happen a few lanes over from the side of the
road, and lasts just long enough to get the "oh s**t"
feeling started.  Then it runs smoothly again.  Maybe it's
just complaining about a steady drive and wants more
attention.

In general the car runs well, without any missing or sputtering.
Not too long back I went through the ignition (points/condensor/
plugs/timing etc).  It did this occasional miss both before
and after that session.

Any thoughts?  Thanks in advance.

Joe Flake
flake@a3115jmf.atl.hp.com