TR6 upper wishbone question

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 upper wishbone question
From: slevine@toucan.com (Sandy Levine)
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 14:31:31 -0500
the old story . . .  who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes!

I am just finishing up on the rebuild of my front suspension and everything
went along well until I was looking through the softcover book "Practical
Classics & Car Restorer" Triumph TR6 Restoration. On page 78 they have two
pictures (#9 and #10)  showing the upper fulcrum pin and making special
note that
        ". . . .should be fitted so that its middle section (which is
curved) curves towards the engine. It is possible to fit it the opposite
way, so take care."

For those of you who do not have the book they suggest that the cross piece
(upper fulcrum pin) is closer to the engine. On my car the cross piece is
just about touching the shock housing turret. From appearances, my set up
looks incorrect. However, as I am the original owner and the car has only
been serviced by a triumph dealer or myself, I would guess my set up is
correct. I do not believe that the upper wishbone has ever been taken apart
before. Just to make sure, I have access to two parts cars and both are the
same as mine.

So do I believe what I see on my 3 examples or take the word of Practical
Classics.  Which way is correct?    Help?????

Sandy Levine                              813-962-0100 (v)
slevine@toucan.com                        813-962-2330 (f)