redline survey

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: redline survey
From: Vito Pacione <vito@argohouston.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 15:15:52 -0500
I am trying to get some good information on what was original on what year
car.

If any of you still have your original spares, I would appreciate your
input. Here is what I have found out so far. Any additional information or
variances would be greatly appreciated.

Large lettering designates "2 steel plies" and "2 rayon belts" in large 1"
or so lettering found between the redline and the wheel at opposit ends.

Small lettering means the same information was shrunk and placed in a
smaller 4" X 1.5"
square with the type about typewriter size.

Obviously, this information only pertains to cars equipped Michelin redlines.
I also believe that many Michelin redline cars had Goodyear spares because
they had a large supply to get rid of after they made the switch to Michelin

                      on the ground                           in trunk
early 74   -  Michelin redlines with large letters              same

76         - Michelin redlines with small letters               same