Re: Re Club Insurance Premiums...

To: guyotleonf@aol.com, iani@mail.tcp.co.uk, DougB@3dlabs.com
Subject: Re: Re Club Insurance Premiums...
From: Odd Hedberg <odd@triumphclub.se>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 11:59:48 +0200
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Thanks Doug,
I forgot to tell You how it all works... Sorry.

The Federations central office consists of just that: The Office
and archive... In itthere's three people working. They handle all
the things related to the running of the Office and the day to day
business of the Federation. And relating to our affiliation to FIVA.
They are all self employed and working for the Federation on one
year contracts that is renegotiated every year with the board of
the Federation. And I can assure You, they aren't overpayed!!!
They, like the rest of us, are vehicle enthusiasts first and fore-
most. Two of them handles the insurance things on most of their
time, the third person the running of the rest of the Federation
business. All handling of accident claims from all over the country
is handled at the central office...

The rest of the actual work with the insurances are made by us
people out in the Clubs. We collect the aplications, we do the
inspections/assesments and we decide whether the applicant are
to be allowed an insurance in the scheme. All this work is non
payed work, the applicant payes the costs we (the Club) have for
the handling of his/hers application, that's all.
The premiums have a very small overhead that payes for all the
handling of accidents, the salaries to the two handlers and such.
If the insurance should give a profit of some magnitude, the money
are partly put in funds, partly repayed to the participants. Each
year the Clubs get a handout from the Federation for the handeling
of the insurance related work (some GBP 150 for our Club) depending
on how many insurances the Club has got.

If I'm not misremembering things we've got a total of some 20 000
insurances in the scheme now. That's the total for all the Clubs,
TCoS has got some 60-65 I think... But we are said to be a wee bit
to harsh on assesments regarding the "quality" of the car... ;-(

Hope this clarifies things...
Yours
/Odd

Doug Bridgens wrote:
> Hi,
>    It's very frustrating knowing you're being taken for a ride...
> and believe me I do! The scheme you describe is very cheap, on
> my recent quotes I could move to Sweden - get Triumph Club of
> Sweden insurance - and save money  :-)
>    Surely setting up this kind of scheme would be a full time job,
> requiring profits to pay for the person who runs it?
> Cheers
> Doug

PS
It's not a cheap scheme - It's cost effective!  ;-)

--
Odd Hedberg
Pomonagatan 4