TR6 Spin on Oil Filter Adapter

To: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 Spin on Oil Filter Adapter
From: "Jim Altman" <jaltman@altlaw.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 17:44:27 -0400
Tried to put a spin on oil filter adapter today on my 69 TR6.  No matter
what I did, it leaked. It appears as though the inner ring is seating and
sealing before the outer ring is fully seated.  There was a thinner and a
thicker ring for the inner seal and I was using the thinner.

I noted that several of the catalogs only have one (one size fits all) . I
tried to snug it up as much as possible and tried a variety of angles for
the filter to stick out at, no difference.  It would seem the only option
is to abandon the inner rubber seal, but that doesn't sound like a good
idea for the engine.

Any ideas?

Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com   non illegitimus carborundum
http://www.altlaw.com/