Re: kit cars

To: "Johnny Storm: International racing car driver" <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: kit cars
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 09:34:15 -0800
Cc: Gary Nafziger <naffy@netins.net>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Johnny Storm: International racing car driver wrote:

> > Does anyone out there have any information concerning kit cars that would
> > fit on an lbc frame?
> >

> There are quite a few models available here in the U.K, if you read the
> specials register bit in the T.S.S.C mag you can see some.
> Sad thing is that you end up losing a perfectly decent REAL sports car to
> make a duff rep of something else! Now I can understand why people break
> up old escorts and sierras but to lose a Triumph...nah doesn't figure!
>
> Johnny

Johnny,
The thought wasn't to break up a perfectly good sports car, but to use
the left over parts from a broken up one that wasn't so "perfectly
good".  I ended up with a couple of good frames and running gear from
cars that I parted out because the bodeies were too far gone from rust
to be repairable.

Regards,
Joe Curry  '63 Spit