Re: washing machines, again

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: washing machines, again
From: bunce@alma.edu (Mark A. Bunce)
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 1997 10:43:32 -0400
>okay, I admit I thought the washing machine thread was a little
>off-topic.  I too wondered, 'what do washing machines have to do with
>triumphs?'
>
>but, uh, well...
>
>last night, my girlfriend's fridgidaire started shrieking like the fan
>belt from hell, or an opera singer with a mean streak.  ever since I
>fixed the power antenna on her car, this woman has had complete
>confidence in my ability to fix almost anything.  I need to keep the
>streak alive!
>
>c'mon guys, help me be a hero here.  I remember from the thread that
>service manuals could be had for these things just like our beloved
>triumphs.  joe curry, I know you've had one of these things apart
>before...  any help?  where to get the manual?  summary of the previous
>thread?  would it help to know that she's beautiful and thinks I walk on
>water? (amazing how love blinds you, eh?) :-)
>
>I'll bet when I open it up, the things got lucas electrics!  there!
>triumph content!

Check to see if there is a small fan cooling the condenser on the bottom of
the unit. They are a clamshell style and can be taken apart and the bearings
oiled with 3in1. Also check the fan motor on the evaporator in the cabinet
if it is frost-free.  LBC note. The Spitfire is home and in my garage. My
10 year old son came out to look at it and said "Cool car, can I help"
My wife said "So the other womans here".

Mark (Can I play now?)