Re: washing machines, again

To: "Hall, Scott" <halls2@fdhc.state.fl.us>
Subject: Re: washing machines, again
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 1997 08:22:20 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hall, Scott wrote:

> okay, I admit I thought the washing machine thread was a little
> off-topic.  I too wondered, 'what do washing machines have to do with
> triumphs?'
>
> but, uh, well...
>
> last night, my girlfriend's fridgidaire started shrieking like the fan
> belt from hell, or an opera singer with a mean streak.  ever since I
> fixed the power antenna on her car, this woman has had complete
> confidence in my ability to fix almost anything.  I need to keep the
> streak alive!
>
> c'mon guys, help me be a hero here.  I remember from the thread that
> service manuals could be had for these things just like our beloved
> triumphs.  joe curry, I know you've had one of these things apart
> before...  any help?  where to get the manual?  summary of the previous
> thread?  would it help to know that she's beautiful and thinks I walk on
> water? (amazing how love blinds you, eh?) :-)
>
> I'll bet when I open it up, the things got lucas electrics!  there!
> triumph content!

Name Dropper!

Actually, I have had little experience with Washers (except for those
round kind with holes in the center)  But IMHO you may gave a
transmission going out.  (No the Spit tranny won't fit).

My wife keeps trying to get me to fix the leak in her washer.  I think
it's the top gasket because it only kleaks when water is being pumped
out of the tub.

Washers these days are built like most home appliances.  Repair costs
(Labor and parts) are so high, it is usually cheaper to replace than
repair.

Joe Curry