More engine alternatives?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: More engine alternatives?
From: "jay pollmann" <thorfinnxx@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 1997 15:03:00 PST
I've posted about an engine conversion before, and the possibilities are
still gnawing at me....I have the chance to purchase a driveable but
bent 86 RX7 really cheap, and the engine purrs like my cat before it
goes into heat...I know people have seen this done, but are there any
websites or books or French cave drawings with information about the
transformation? How much hp/torque can a spitfire's back end handle?
With the 146 Japanese ponies that the mazda brings, should I be thinking
about putting in the rear end? The wheel base is really close to the
same size...There are a ton of questions and as my car sits in peices
around the house waiting to be painted and reassembled, I'm anxious to
see if I really want to weld some new motor mounts on the frame...

Thanks a ton....j