Re: carb. adjustments

To: tom.w.wagner@Central.Sun.COM
Subject: Re: carb. adjustments
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 98 09:29:42 PST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Tom Wagner wrote:
        > Case in Point: Mityvac from Moss or VB
        > around $30-$40, I found same thing at WallyWorld
        > for around $20.

Tom, be careful which "model" of MityVac you get.  Quite possibly you were
correct and found the identical model at "WallyWorld" as sold by TRF/Moss.
The base model is just the pump, bottle and hose.  The model get progressivly
more expensive as they add extra bottles, hoses, tips, vacume gauges,
until you get to the all-metal top-o-the-line model.

For basic brake bleeding, the base model does just fine.  The extra
bits 'n pieces do help if you start looking for vacume leaks, etc.

        Shane Ingate in San Diego