Arkay turbos for tr6, tr7

Subject: Arkay turbos for tr6, tr7
From: Jason Clark <>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 10:03:13 -0600 (CST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

While waiting for my SO to get out of class last night, I browsed the
local library auto books section and came across the following:

Chilton's Guide to Turbocharged Cars and Trucks by Mike Stone
(C) 1984 by Chilton Book Company

In the chapter 'Who's Who in Turbo Kits' I read the following:

Arkay and its owner Kas Kastner leave little doubt that they are into
turbocharging "sporty little cars" in a big way....  This is no surprise,
however, if one realizes that the distinguished Mr. Kastner spent years
terrorizing sports car tracks and a few competitors with his aggressive
driving style and well prepared sports cars - cars he prepared so well, in
fact, that he later became U.S. Competition Director for Triumph

(technical stuff, including stuff about VWs deleted)

...A Weber DCOE [is used] on the Triumph TR-7, and SUs on most other
carbureted Arkay kits.  In all, there are approximately 15 kits offered at
present including three British cars (TR-6, TR-7, MGB)....

Installation times will vary...the TR-6 system, for example, should take
only 8-10 hours to install.

There's also a couple relevant pictures & captions:

"Want more power for your TR-6?  Call Kas Kastner at Arkay, the Triumph
turbo expert." - pic of a TR6-turbo'd engine

"Not even sure it was a TR-8 that blew you off?  Arkay has a turbo kit for
your TR-7.  With a little work, it might even fit a Saab 99."

The address and phone given was:

14009 S. Crenshaw Blvd.
Hawthorne, CA 90250
(213) 675-9161

Not suprisingly, the phone is disconnected.  Anyone know what happened to
these guys?  Anyone ever seen one of their kits?

Jason Clark

No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity.
But I know none, and therefore am no beast.

Shakespeare, _Richard III_