Re: Tyres for TR6

To: walker05@camosun.bc.ca
Subject: Re: Tyres for TR6
From: ArthurK101 <ArthurK101@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 14:01:05 EDT
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

> At least, that's what it seems with the 165SRs; I am probably going to
>  have to find some NOS tires for my TR4.  All the cheapy tire places don't
>  have anything narrow or small enough, in 15".  I could stick a big fat
>  tire on, but it would interfere (and probably not be too happy about 4"
>  rims)  I did find some Michelin 165 redlines (XZX) but they sold quick
>  quick like, and I didn't have the money :-(
>
>  -Malcolm
>  '62 TR4

Malcolm, you should be able to find 165/15's (even steel belted) fairly
easily.  Both Michelin and Dunlop still make them.  My experience is that they
are still used by several modern cars.  I paid no more several years ago than
I did for my Nissan Altima's tires (different size).  Someone on the list last
week was asking which manufacturer was best.  He seemed to have no problem
getting a hold of size 165/15.
Anybody?   Cheers.

Art Kelly