Re: Tyres for TR6

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Tyres for TR6
From: Triumph_TR4@ridgecrest.ca.us (Darrell Leach)
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 18:12:30 -0700
Posted-date: Wed, 13 May 1998 18:08:55 -0700 (PDT)
Art Kelly wrote:

>Malcolm, you should be able to find 165/15's (even steel belted) fairly
>easily.  Both Michelin and Dunlop still make them.  My experience is that they
>are still used by several modern cars.  I paid no more several years ago than
>I did for my Nissan Altima's tires (different size).  Someone on the list last
>week was asking which manufacturer was best.  He seemed to have no problem
>getting a hold of size 165/15.
>Anybody?   Cheers.

An easy to find size is the 185/86/15.  Stock size for VW Bugs, and
almost everybody makes one.  It is about .3 inches taller (I think)
then the original.  The last time I got a set they ran about $33 each.

Not what's on the car now though.  Take a look at: (Not for the Purist)
http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~token/TR4Page5.html

So Long,

Darrell Leach,   KD6LRC   DM-15,   Ridgecrest, Ca
  email: Triumph_TR4@ridgecrest.ca.us
         http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~token/PAGE1.html
1962 TR-4 (CT5368LO)  Everyday
1962 TR-4 (CT13108L)
1965 Spitfire Mk 2
1967 Spitfire Mk 3   In work, lots of 1500 stuff
Keeper of the TR-4 List, Version 2.0 availible.