Re: GT6 Cooling system quirk?? - flushing

To: bk13@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: GT6 Cooling system quirk?? - flushing
From: Windoseat@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 22:23:42 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi, guys;

I haven't flushed the GT6+ in a number of years but it occurs to me that it is
necessary to "bleed" the head of air as part of the process. I seem to
remember a plug in the rear of the head that needs to removed in order to
purge trapped air. If there is air in the system it could cause overheating. I
believe I read this in a Clymer manual back in the '70's. When I get home
tonight I'll check my factory manual to see if there is any mention of this.

Greg Wolf
1970 GT6+ "Ian"
Ann Arbor