TR3/4 Front Discs

To: Triumph news group <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR3/4 Front Discs
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 1998 07:08:41 -0700
Yesterday I learned that my front caliper assemblies on the TR3 aren't
the originals. They seem to match the drawing in the Moss catalog of the
TR4 caliper. However, Moss and TRF both supply the same rebuild kit for
TR3, TR3A and TR4 calipers, while the dust seals on my calipers are
different.

I can't seem to get the new dust seals to stay in place. The old ones
were held in by metal rings, but I can't get the rings onto the new
ones. Anyone got any advice?

Also, does anyone have an opinion on this conversion? Is it better,
worse, no change? The pads are smaller, and the disc size for the TR4
should be smaller as well, although I haven't yet checked to see if the
discs have been swapped.
--
George Richardson
'57 TR3, TS15559L - painting and reassembling....