Re: TR3/4 Front Discs

To: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>, Triumph news group <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR3/4 Front Discs
From: Cliff Hansen <chansen@exis.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 1998 08:39:38 -0400
George,

If you had steel retaining clips for the dust boots, then you may
have TR6 calipers on the car.  Check for letters cast onto the
outer half of the caliper near the brake line.  If it says "Type 16BP"
then you have late TR6 calipers, Moss repair kit #583-110.
Also, if they are 16BP, the calipers had metric threads for the
pipe fittings.