tires

To: highwaystar@juno.com
Subject: tires
From: rgb@exact.com
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 16:51:06 1998
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

Are you going to drive on the tires?

Buy something designed in the last 20 years...  these
are only useful for show purposes, i.e. touring from the
parking lot to trailer.

Michelin 205VR70-15 are my favorite, likely have to order
them via NTB, about $100 apiece.  V-rated are nice.

And if you need redlines, have them applied to the tires.
Several folks will do this.

Safety first.

Roger
(yep, I spent $1k on redlines, yep, I had 3 of them remounted
 after spending hours finding the "right" place to do it the
 1st time (3 of 4 had pinched tubes), yep they look neat, though
 darn skinny looking, after about $1200 worth of money/effort,
 someone pulled out in front of me and all 4 tires slide easily...
 I avoided the accident, but tried 4 other brands till I found
 the above tires...   Turning and stopping distances on the modern
 cars are MUCH better than in 1968, to be competitive, i.e. avoid
 accidents, etc. you need modern tires)

Not to add more fuel, but these new tires handle great, I've got
Nylon and poly in the suspension with all stock springs and good
shocks all around, its a pleasure to drive, unlike the rubber donut
redline special at 3 times the cost...)

--
Roger G. Bolick, rgb@exact.com 512-794-9567, FAX 512-345-2879