Re: TR4 - Torque Reaction Arm and Buffer

To: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Subject: Re: TR4 - Torque Reaction Arm and Buffer
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 19:20:52 -0700
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Brian,

There's a good chance you just found the source of your noise. The
torque reaction arm is simply an adjustable stop that allows the engine
to torque so far under load, then stops it. Without the arm in place,
there is a good chance, when the engine is under full load, you'll get
the fan running against the frame or the generator pulley against the
inner wheel well. Find one and install it and  it may solve the problem
you've noticed.Someone on the list may have one off a parts car.

Good luck.

Alan Myers
San Jose, CA
'62 TR4 #CT17602