Re: TR4 speedos

To: spence@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Subject: Re: TR4 speedos
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 20:48:54 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< Hi, Don

 > Do you have any information re the fitment of the 3.7-1 and 4.1-1 rear

 > axle ratios?
 > Was one factory spec for Overdrive and the other for non overdrive?
 > Or was it possible to get the 4.1-1 on a non overdrive car as standard

 > equipment?

 Sorry for the delay in coming back to you. The situation is as follows:

 The TR4 was normally supplied with a 3.7:1 axle for overdrive and
 non-overdrive. A 4.1:1 ratio was also available for special order but
 overdrive had to be fitted as well. It was not possible to order a 4
 with a
 4.1 diff and no overdrive. Hope this clears up the query

 Regards
 John

Thanks Don
This is about what I thought.
A bit scary, my train of thought mirroring the factory.

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4