Re: 1966 TR4A IRS Turn Signals Not Working After Steering Rack Replaceme

To: Tom Winslow <tom_winslow@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: 1966 TR4A IRS Turn Signals Not Working After Steering Rack Replacement
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 1998 21:22:00 -0700
Tom, I'd check the fuses first, but there would likely be much more not
working if it were just a blown fuse. Next, check the connections at the
front of the engine compartment that feed into the turn signals. Then,
was the steering column and steering wheel worked on or removed in the
process of  removing and rebuilding the steering rack? There are several
connections coming out from under the steering column (under the dash)
which may have been left disonnected. Also under the dash (drivers side)
is the flasher unit, which I'd check.

If all these connections are ok, you may have to start tracing back from
the turn signals themselves with a voltmeter to find out if a wire is
broken (much of it is inside the wiring harness). It would certainly be
handy to have a wiring diagram. I would particularly look at wires
around those areas where work was done.

If you don't find something quickly, you might also talk to the shop
that did the work. They may have simply disconnected something
temporarily and forgotten to reconnect it.

I hope this helps.

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 #CT17602