Re: Two Spitfire questions

To: romano@bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Two Spitfire questions
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 23:49:06 EDT
In a message dated 98-09-10 11:36:43 EDT, romano@bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk
writes:

> 1) My indicators work fine, but when I use the hazard lights the rear right
>    indicator does not flash. Apparently the lightbulbs/conections at the
> bulbs
>    are ok. What could be the problem?

Romano,

This is a switch - usually, the hazards work, but not the turn signals.

This is also a real stumper - if both the front and rear RH indicators work
with the TS, then they are connected together. If they are connected together,
then there is nothing in the hazard circuit that could disconnect them such
that only the front lamp would work.

That is, if the car is wired properly. If not, then......?

The best advise I can give is to trace all the g/w wires from the hazard
switch to the TS switch, and to the right hand indicators, looking for a mis-
connection. Just follow the wiring diagram, making sure that each wire is
connected as shown.

In the meantime, if you will give me your commission number, I will look at
the schematic and see if I can figure out a mis-wiring that would cause this.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

                    http://www.sky.net/~boballen/mg/Masters/index.html
'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74