Re: Latest additino to the family

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>, Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Latest additino to the family
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 22:25:12 -0500
Cc: "Bruce T. Clough" <cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil>, "Arthur M. Kelly" <ArthurK101@aol.com>
> I don't think so, Tim, er Mark, er Randy...no wait: BRAD. (Knew you were
> named after someone in the Tool Man Taylor family, and I was pretty sure
> it wasn't Jill.) Those plates lay flat on the sheet metal.

I probably fix things about as well as Tim does!

> Lights shouldn't be too hard to find. The side/flasher lamps are the
> classic L594 (beehive glass) lamps, and the little side lamps are
> available new as well (and probably used from someone on the list). Don't
> know about the other parts, availability-wise, but I'm pretty sure that
> the early TR4 didn't have a column headlamp switch. Lamps were all
> switched from two-position pull switch on the dash. The escutcheon (LOVE
> that word) opposite the one for the flasher switch on the column was
> "blanked" out on the early TR4. If you've got a hole there and/or remnants
> of wires around the column, those might be bits from a later car. Is the
> dash metal (preferably in original Spa White)?

The escutcheon is blanked on the right side as you thought.  So that
much is correct.  Some of the switches are missing on the dash so I
need to figure out what goes where.

This car was original purchased from a local salvage yard so some
parts were removed by prospective TR4 mechanics.

> OK, I'm not really trying to upstage Art, Bruce or other TR4 fanatics, but
> I really like these cars, too!

I think I fit that catagory also!!

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

1964 Spitfire4           BFC25720L
1966 TR4A               CT72398L (Now a parts car)
196? TR4                CT38888LO (Chassis # 0281CT, missing OD !)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Spring shackle problems)