RE: TR4 - SU carb float adjustment

To: "Cliff Hansen" <chansen@exis.net>, "triumphs@autox. team. net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: TR4 - SU carb float adjustment
From: "Bob Hutton" <bob@calc.com.au>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 09:29:49 +1000charset="iso-8859-1"
Cliff,
There is an inherent problem with twin SU carbies on an engine which is
tilted so it's higher at the front than the back. With the same float level
settings, the front carby, with its float chamber to the front of the
engine, has a higher fuel level in the float chamber, relative to the jet
oriface, than the rear carby, with its bowl at the back and therefore lower.
Change the adjustable float to the front carby so you can lower the fuel
level in that carby.

Regards,
Bob Hutton