Re: TR6 Bonnet Latch Adjustment

To: The Brinkers <mbrinker@flash.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Bonnet Latch Adjustment
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 08:36:45 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
> I have recently restored my TR6.  My hood is difficult to open as I pull the
> cable.  It also seems to pop open if I hit a hard bump on the road.  How
> does one adjust  the latch so that the hood stays closed and with an easy
> pull of the cable....pop goes the hood.  Anyone have a solution?

Make sure the rubber bumper cones are located correctly.  If they're too high,
they may put unnecessary tension on the hood.  Lower the hood gently.  The catch
assemble should go right into the latch.  You should be able to easily push the
hood down and have the latch engage.  If it doesn't, align the parts.

To open my hood, I push down on the hood above the latch while pulling the
release.  This is easy to do while standing beside the car with the door open.
It should open easily.  There may be better adjustments, but I haven't found
them.

Do you have a backup release cable?  See VTR or JB's TR6 page.  One of them had
a description.

Brian Kemp
72 TR6