Re: Apple Green Paint Code

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Apple Green Paint Code
From: donp@ncweb.com (don pikovnik)
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 07:29:10 -0400 (EDT)
Dave,

I have two ICI code numbers for Apple Green:

2472-'65-'69
2920-'56-'71

>From my experience, years of usage data is somewhat unreliable. For your
particular car, 2920 is most likely the proper color.  I have sprayed metal
sample panels of both colors.  2920 resembles an olive green, 2472 could be
described as lighter than 2920, resembling what one would think of as a
muted apple green.

Triumph Racing Green is mfg. code 25, ICI 3736. It is also known as
"Conifer" and could be considered close to what one would think of as BRG.
TRG/Conifer began to be used on TR4's and I would therefore not consider it
a proper color for your vehicle.

All of these colors are readily available from ICI in a state of the art
single layer urethane system called "2K". Call ICI customer service at
1-800-647-6050 for a local source of supply.

Hope this helps.

Don Pikovnik
Coloramic Process, Inc.