Re: Re-using Silicon brake fluid

To: bschwart@pacbell.net
Subject: Re: Re-using Silicon brake fluid
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 17:38:56 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< After bleeding an entirely new system, and using up about a quart of very
 expensive Silicon brake fluid (fluif if you wish) I was pondering
 (sometimes dangerous for me) the re-use of this particular fluid.  I
 realize that it was un-wise to use old Dot3 or 4 brake fluid because
 exposure to air allowed absorption of water and such, but since Silicon
 fluid doesn't absorb water, and if one were to filter out all particulate
 contaminates using say a high quality fuel, filter to strain through, I
 would think it would be OK.  Any thoughts? Comments?  I probably won't do
 it, but it's tempting-

FWIW I have re-used silicone fluid - after allowing the "gook" to settle to
the bottom - and then poured off "the cream". No disastrous consequences so
far!
I heard that this was OK from somewhere long ago.

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3a
62 TR3B
64 TR4