Re: SPIT: Cylinder Heads

To: "Bill and Sal Birney" <birneybs@onaustralia.com.au>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: SPIT: Cylinder Heads
From: "Tony Childs" <tochilds@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 09:52:26 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Could it be that he is thinking of the change in head/block design that
occurred at FK25001?  From that point on, there is a recess around each
cylinder bore to accomodate a "raised ring" on the head gasket.  I think
this was to improve the sealing between cylinders.

Tony Childs
72 Spitfire - FK38809U (with '71 engine-ask me how I know about the
                                           design change)
64 Spitfire - FC42218L (awaiting restoration?)