windscreen washer TR-3A

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: windscreen washer TR-3A
From: "Jim Leavitt" <jleavitt@medai.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 10:11:56 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Greetings,

My '59 TR-3A has a "windscreen washer" apparatus that operates by means of a
bulb-like object on the instrument panel.  The driver would simply apply
pressure to the bulb to cause fluid to be dispatched to the windscreen.  By
modern standards it is extremely primitive, which means it seems to be
perfectly appropriate for a vintage Triumph.  My question to the list is
whether this is likely to be an original item, a dealer added item, or some
sort of blue light special after-market item.

Jim