RE: TR6 engine speeds

To: <Scott.Mackay@intl.sematech.org>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, <paradise@icx.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 engine speeds
From: jaltman@altlaw.com
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 20:47:31 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I fought the same battle for a long time.  The tach was off by 50% high.
Turned out that replacement cables that were slightly too long had
compressed the magnet too close to the pan inside the tach.  Took the thing
apart and pressed the magnet back onto the shaft and all was well.  I have
some photos and description of my repair on my tr web page (page 3).

Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com Illigitimi non Carborundum
http://www.altlaw.com/metro/jaltman.html    69-TR6#CC28754L  W4UCK