RE: TR4A wobbly water pump pulley

To: "'John Middlesworth'" <jape@email.unc.edu>
Subject: RE: TR4A wobbly water pump pulley
From: "Burnett VE (Vern) at MSXSOPC" <VB157234@MSXSOPC.shell.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 09:48:47 -0500
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Several members in the Texas Triumph Register club have experienced this
problem.  We found that the new water pumps have a smaller and thinner
washer in front of the nut.  I have the original pump w/nut and washer.  The
washer is larger and thicker which supplies more support to the pully.  I am
one of just a few members who has not had the problem you have described.  A
member of our club has written an article on this subject describing the
size of the washer and how important it is to check the tightness of the
nut.  It is suppose to be printed in the next Moss newsletter.  By the way,
those that have made the change has not had a problem since.  I will try to
post these specs tomorrow.  I do not have them here at work.

Vern Burnett
1963 TR4  CT22083L