Re: TR4A wobbly water pump pulley

To: jape@email.unc.edu
Subject: Re: TR4A wobbly water pump pulley
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 18:43:57 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< I noticed some knocking under my TR4A bonnet last night and finally
 determined that my (original-style) water pump pulley was loose.  A little
 inspection showed that just tightening the nut at the front of the pulley
 would not cure the problem.  Given how many of these nuts are stripped out
 in these cars I imagine this is a common problem.  Am I looking at
 replacing the pump, the pulley, or both?

Replace the pump ASAP. If the shaft breaks it can be disastrous to anything in
the immediate vicinity. Including you.

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B