Re: Paint a TR4

To: Brad.Kahler@141.com
Subject: Re: Paint a TR4
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 17:59:56 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< I have a couple of questions about painting a TR4.  Not that I'm
 anwhere near ready to do so but I'm just trying to plan ahead!!

 Since the fenders are removeable is it better to paint the fenders off
 the car or attached to the car?  I'm assuming that painting the doors is
 easier to do off the car.  I assume with the fenders you would want to
 trial fit before painting to make sure everything lines up correctly.

 How about it, does anyone have any recommendations or preferences
 on these questions?

 TIA

Brad
FWIW I have always painted fenders and doors on the car. This way you don't
risk scratching while re-installing. Although getting the SS bead back on can
be a tad tricky. By all means paint the inside of fenders & doors off the car.
Also this way you are sure the paint will match exactly from panel to panel.
My $.02.....

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B