We have red-light-out-ness!

To: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: We have red-light-out-ness!
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 12:12:11 -0700 (PDT)
Well, it was foggy today (no good for Bondo) so I've been messing around
under the hood of the TR4.

Rewired the bodged up alternator fittings with Dan Masters-style wiring-
crimp connectors, soldered, heat shrunk, on 14ga wire (for the 2 signal
wires on the GM alternator)

Also picked up a proper plug so that I don't have to use 2 spade
connectors.  Looks good, (except for the multi-colored wire... ran out of
white 14ga, and don't have any brown/striped), and the red light goes OUT!
Finally!  Next task- logically deducing and installing a horn relay, and a
horn that works.  Mebbe I will stick in the two-tone Mercedes horns, they
have a nice high "toot"... better than the stupid Flamm Wal-Mart special.

Next test- gas tank float level sender.  I can test everything in situ-
will just plug the thing in, turn ign. on, and move it through its range.

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm