Re: TR 6 upper fulcrum pin

To: canada <canada@voyageronline.net>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR 6 upper fulcrum pin
From: "Chris Lillja" <Chris_Lillja@pupress.princeton.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 14:36:41 EST5EDT

> When bolting the upper fulcrum pins to the frame above the coil spring
> housing, there appears to be two ways to orient them:  "flat" side out or
> "concave" side out.  Does anyone know which way is correct?
>
> The only pieces I've taken off that I didn't diagram (so far).
>
> Thanks.
>
> Ian  CF57345U

Ian, I think the manual (well my TR4A manual, anyway) shows "concave" side out.
One way
(flat side out) gives a bit more negative camber than the other, and some set
ups
(like modern high performance radials) like a bit more static negative camber,
so a lot
of folks have reversed them over the years. If they're both the same, that
should be
close enough.
Christopher M.Lillja
Marketing Associate