Re: TR 6 upper fulcrum pin

To: canada <canada@voyageronline.net>
Subject: Re: TR 6 upper fulcrum pin
From: Andy <adixon@loudoun.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 15:29:27 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Date-warning: Date header was inserted by idalee.loudoun.com
I had the same question a little while ago and got no real definitive answer.
On the two frames I had, the fulcrum pins mounted with the bow toward the
damper mount. The TR6 restoration guide from Practical Classics was
emphatic that it went the other way with the bow pointing to the engine. This
is the way it is on my TR4 (Not that that means anything) and if nothing else
it looks more natural this way - bowed around the mount.
As best I could figure out with my scientific instruments (eye and ruler), this
moves the fulcrum point in about 1/8" and should increase negative
camber. What effect this will have on the tires I don't know, my racer friends
don't think it will be a problem.
As I look at the front wheels of my TR6, it looks like I have positive camber
however, I expect this to change when I get the engine back in ;-)
Andy D.

On 09/22/98 12:25 PM canada said...