Re[2]:Funny Noise at Ignition

To: Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov (Bud Rolofson), "David J. Stephenson" <daves96@concentric.net>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re[2]:Funny Noise at Ignition
From: Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov (Bud Rolofson)
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 14:20:08 -0400

Sounds like the same problem I had with my riding lawnmower last spring.  It's
not an LBC, it's a John Deere.  But at least it's history also started with a
tractor.

Try cleaning the battery posts and the cables with a battery brush.  You
probably reached terminal (pun intended...couldn't help myself) corrosion at the
connections and hence the differing results when trying to start your car.
Things like holding the key on and jiggling the battery (which you did) will
often breakup just enough corrosion to overcome the break in your starting
circuit.

Bud 71 TR6 CC57365 and  89 John Deere RX95 (12 HP)